You are here

What’s the Peace Corps Prep Program All About?

The Peace Corps Prep Program (PCPP) is a certified program that demonstrates competency in areas that the Peace Corps has identified as key areas for individuals who want to be successful in international volunteer work. The PCPP is for students who want to help others by volunteering abroad in a variety of countries. Upon completion of the program, participants receive a certificate which can be used in resumes when applying for jobs or even graduate school. This program offers a competitive edge that will make any resume stand out. Dylan…

Read More

Wands for Wildlife Drive Good for Health and Environment

SLEB will be hosting Wands for Wildlife drive at Wilmington College until December 4 to send mascara wands to North Carolina. Mascara only has a shelf life of three months once opened. If used for longer it could potentially lead to an eye infection due to the bacteria that grows on the brush. The wands will be used to help remove fly eggs and larva from the animal’s fur. They work well because the bristles are close together. They will be used to help small animals like ducks and rabbits….

Read More

Movies In Review: Thor Ragnarok

Thor Ragnarok, the latest edition in the Thor trilogy, is a wonderfully funny, charismatic, colorful and exciting addition to the Marvel Cinematic mythos. If I wasn’t laughing throughout the entire movie, then I was on the edge of my seat watching the action unfold. If I wasn’t laughing throughout the entire movie, then I was on the edge of my seat watching the action unfold. Chris Hemsworth reprises his role as the beloved Asgardian Thor, along with his returning co-star Tom Hiddleston as Loki. The duo can be seen throughout…

Read More

Balancing Student Life and Off-Campus Jobs

Work is hard. You have school work, homework, work work, so much work that the word work doesn’t even sound like an actual working word anymore. With so much work to do you’d think it’d be impossible for you or other students to have more work outside of school. Well of course you know that other students have off-campus jobs, otherwise why would I have written this article? Speaking with Shelby Griffith, a full-time employee of Tractor Supply Company AND an ambassador for Cooper Tires, she told me that on…

Read More

WC the first Midwest campus to pass a Refugee Support Resolution

Over the past weekend, Wilmington’s own Amnesty International Chapter attended the Midwest Regional Conference that was held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. While the whole group was not able to attend, five members drove and represented Wilmington and what the organization had accomplished on campus. On October 25th, Amnesty had officially passed a resolution on campus stating that Wilmington “declared its support for the resettlement of refugees no matter their religion, race, nationality or country, or origin…” With the Student Government Association’s (SGA) approval, Wilmington is the first campus in the Midwest…

Read More

Underrated Halloween Films to Watch This Season

Underrated Halloween Films As the Halloween spirit comes to an end, you might feel some pressure to partake in Halloween activates: an easy one to do is watch some scary movies with your friends, because at this point all the good pumpkins are probably taken. 5. Corpse Bride My personal favorite Halloween movie has something for everyone to enjoy. For starters: Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, and Helena Bonham Carter. It has incredible musical numbers from start to finish and a plot like no other movie. If you’re an art major…

Read More

Why I Ride My Bike 10 Miles to School

Riding bicycles has many benefits to offer, such as increased cardiovascular fitness, improved flexibility, weight loss and many more things to gain when going for a ride. Of course, to really see those changes on average you must ride a bicycle anywhere from thirty to forty minutes at a time which translates roughly to 15 miles and hour. However, those aren’t the only reasons I ride my bicycle. For one it saves me a ton of money when I don’t have to fill my gas tank up every week just…

Read More

The Work of Terry Inlow, “A Mostly Humorous Retrospective”

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, the Harcum Art Gallery will be hosting an artist’s reception for the new art exhibit, “A Mostly Humorous Retrospective.” The new art exhibit features the work of Terry Inlow. Inlow worked at Wilmington College for more than forty years in the art department and has showcased his creations in many Ohio cities. This contemporary exhibit features photographs that art curator Hal Shunk describes as “the photographs that people might throw away,” but which Inlow has recycled with fresh creativity….

Read More

Have Treats, Not Tricks!!

Halloween night was always so much fun as a kid. Children walk around with their siblings and parents, dressed in cute costumes, collecting a variety of candies to fill their candy bags. The only downfall of Halloween night was walking up to a house with no candy, or a house with odd treats. According to http://www.eonline.com, here are a few ways to not disappoint on Halloween night. 1.People that are home need to pass out candy. 2. Decorate or turn on a light to let the trick or treaters now…

Read More

WC Students Able to Attend Philanthropic Leaders Recognition Dinner

feature photo Christine Snyder (left), credit to Randy Sarvis On October 20, a small group of Wilmington College (WC) students attended the Philanthropic Leaders Recognition Dinner, a celebration honoring Wilmington College’s leadership donors and Sam Marble Society members. The students in attendance are actively involved on campus in a number of ways and represented all that the donors can do for the college. Amie Denkenberger, the Director of Leadership Giving, says, “We want [students] to have fun and network! This is a great way to meet some of our alumni,…

Read More