The Wilmington College community is invited to gather for the 10th Anniversary Event of 9/11, on Sept. 12 at 7:30 p.m. in the Hugh Heiland Theatre.
Nearly a decade ago, the day following the U.S. terrorist attacks, academic and community leaders held a public panel discussion to try to focus thoughts around the event’s impact. On September 12, 2011, that same panel will return for reflection and further discussion.
The event panel will feature:
• Dr. Michael Snarr, Professor of Social and Political Studies at Wilmington College and just returned from a trip to Afghanistan.
• Dr. Dean Minix, Dean of the College of Liberal and Fine Arts at Tarleton State University in Stephenville, Texas. His research interests have long been terrorism on the global scale and Homeland Security.
• Dr. Lynn Rigsbee, an Associate Professor of Political Science at Central State University. His area of research interest is International Relations in the Persian Gulf and Southeastern Asia and U.S. Foreign Policy in these areas.
• Dr. Carol Bargeron, an Associate Professor of History at Central State University. Her area of expertise is Islamic and Modern Middle Eastern History.
• Dr. Vinny Prince, a Professor of History at Wilmington College, will be the moderator for the evening’s discussion.
All members of the campus community are encouraged to participate.