As everyone knows opening day has come and gone and the baseball season is now in full swing. Hit a home a run this baseball season with these delicious and adorable strawberry treats!
- White Chocolate
- Red food coloring
- Rinse strawberries in cold water and pat dry. Note: Do not soak the berries in ice water you won’t be able to dry the strawberry enough and it will cause the chocolate to seize.
- Melt your white chocolate slowly by boiling slowly, make sure you don’t burn.
- Hold strawberry by the stem and push into chocolate, covering as much of the strawberry as possible
- Gently tap your hand on the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Place chocolate covered strawberry onto a dipping sheet lined tray.
- Let the chocolate set-up and harden by placing the dipping sheet lined tray of chocolate covered strawberries on a level shelf in the refrigerator until it is obvious that chocolate is set-up. This can take between 15-30 minutes (Note: don’t leave the chocolate in the refrigerator for too long. The chocolate can become too cold and will sweat or even crack when brought to room temperature.)
- Melt your chocolate using instructions that came with your chocolate. (Some chocolates require different melting temperatures)
- Add red food coloring to the chocolate according to the instructions that came with your food coloring.
- Draw 2 half circles with the chocolate sauce, like on a baseball, and return to the refrigerator until set.
- Once this first layer of design has set, draw short horizontal lines over the half circles to create the effect of stitching. Return to the refrigerator until set.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.