October is a month that brings to mind Football gatherings, keeping warm, and getting creative. When spending time with friends, why not spice things up with a crafty treat? For the month of October check The Witness for new ways to busy up your spare time.
Chocolate Nutty Mini-Footballs Treats™
Huddle together to make this fun recipe for any big game!
Servings: 16 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Kelloggs.com for more info & fun recipes!
Tis’ the Season: Apple Cinnamon Scones
Try this sweet for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
Servings: 8 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, coarsely chopped
- 1 apple – cored, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar mixture
- With a wire whisk mix flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender. Stir in apple.
- Make a well in center and pour in 1/2 cup milk. Mix until soft dough forms. Dump onto flour pastry board.
- With floured hands knead 8 to 10 times. Pat into 10-inch circle.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Cook.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Finally, cut into 8 wedges.Bake Cinnamon Apple Scones at 425 degrees F.