April is an exciting time on campus. Spring has sprung, seasonal depression is lifting, and finals are barreling towards us. But before all of that stress and pain hits us, we should all enjoy the eye of this hurricane of a semester. Here is a list of all kinds of events everyone can go to:
- April 10 – There is a resume workshop from 5-6:30 p.m. in dining rooms C and D in Pyle. Swing by and learn how to improve your resume before you apply for summer jobs and internships.
- April 15 – Want to really enjoy the springtime thaw? There is a fitness competition also on this day from 7-9 p.m. in CSS. Tug-of-war, hula-hoops, and an obstacle course are all featured.
- April 16 – All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to participate in the Easter-themed race from 7-8 p.m. in the QRC. “Run Your Tail Off 5K” has a registration requirement and entry fee, but there is an opportunity to win chocolate. Seems like a pretty fair trade!
- April 17 – Do you ever ask yourself ‘what does business casual mean?’ If you attend “Dress for Success & Fashion Show,” you will more than likely find the answer out! It is from 5-6:30 p.m. in Pyle dining rooms C and D.
- April 23 – An all-day event dedicated to minimizing your carbon footprint with all kinds of engaging activities. Even though it is the day after Earth Day, the love for our planet will still be there! Many organizations will be hosting demonstrations, and word on the street is a bike rally will be featured!
- April 27 – The annual paint party hosted by APB! According to most students on campus, this is the best event students can attend all year. And it’s easy to see why! Who doesn’t like great music, a fun atmosphere, and SHOWERS of paint everywhere!
- April 29 – “Let it Go, Let it Burn” is from 6-7 p.m. at the bell outside of Pyle. Brought to the campus by It’s On Us, the event features the opportunity for students to bring with them paper products that have memories, challenges, and stresses written down on them to be burned. The act of burning one’s burden can be a big relief, so if you have a lot of weight on your shoulders, check this event out.